…...Creating values, that make the difference
Sites of interest:
1. Changemakers.net : An excellent web site that focuses on the rapidly growing world of social entrepreneurship. Its mission is to provide inspiration, resources, and opportunities for those interested in social change throughout the world. It focuses on new, improved ways of dealing with problems that won't go away, such as poverty, illiteracy, hunger and violence. Their library section is a treasure house of information.
2. NetAid : NetAid is about all of us coming together to make a real difference. But NetAid will only work if we all share - our time, our resources, our good ideas - and do it collaboratively online and off. The NetAid Foundation serves as a global exchange point to link people to successful agents and agencies of change. NetAid's mission is to use the powers of the Internet to help the millions of men, women, and children who don't live on the cutting edge, but who live on the edge of survival. A really great idea backed by a very well laid out web page.
3. The Communication Initiative : A great web site dedicated to the advancement of quality communication and improving strategic communication thinking on development issues. Extremely informative.
4. The NGO Cafe : You will learn about definitions and other descriptions of NGOs and related organizations ; strategies, tools, evaluations and other resources for an NGO ; documents and NGO information related to UN conferences, summits and other events ; and some good NGO links. The most comprehensive site on the abcd ... of NGOs.
5. India Image : Hosts the official web sites of Government of India Ministries / Departments, States, UTs, and Government Organizations (visit the index section. You will even find a web page of the famous Tihar Jail in Delhi). A very good starting point to know about the Indian government.
6. India Development Information Network : A gateway to development information on India - you can search their vast development/NGO database, read newsletters, use their NGO training program on web publishing and internet usage, and much more. The first of its kind in India.
7. NGO.org and NGOs.net : These two individual sites help promote collaborations between NGOs throughout the world and also aim to effectively partner with the United Nations. They provide information on the activities of NGOs at the United Nations and worldwide. You can find upcoming current events for NGOs and several other NGO related links and topics.Very useful.
8. The Humanity Development Searchable Library 2.0 : It contains more than 1,230 publications (160,000 pages) related to help solve poverty, to increase human potential, and to provide education to all. An amazing compilation of resources...
9. Best Practices (UN) : This searchable database contains over 650 proven, award winning solutions to the common social, economic and environmental problems of an urbanizing world. It demonstrates the practical ways in which communities, governments and the private sector are working together to eradicate poverty, provide shelter, protect the environment and support economic development. Worth a look ...
10. United Nations and NGO Resources :A very comprehensive compilation of links related to United Nations, its sister organizations, UN documents, conferences, reports, programs, NGOs, and regional organizations (like ADB etc).
1. A large list of NGOs in India by Categories (e.g. population, civil liberties, ecology, etc ).
2. More List of NGOs by Categories
3. NGOs by location : Clickable map of India (Princeton NGO archive)
4. Alphabetical listing of NGOs : some more links of NGOs based in US and India
5. Directory of 890 NGOs maintained alphabetically by CAF (Charities Aid Foundation), India (click on the NGO directory)
6. Indian NGOs and organisations working for Sustainable Development
7. List of Organisations/Agencies/Companies working on Renewable Energy in India
8. Few NGO links (alphabetically) listed by Australian Centre for Independent Journalism
9. List of voluntary agencies, Grant in Aid schemes of ministries, and much more
10. International Donor Database maintained by Brain Trust India
11. India Policy Institute : Bridges across the world (a list of NGOs and various institutes)
12. Sahayata : The link between NGOs-in-need and people-who-want-to-help
The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) focuses on health, education, culture, rural development, institution-building and the promotion of economic development.
The Association of Indians in America is the oldest national association of Asian Indians in America. AIA is the grassroot national organization of Asian Immigrants in the United States, fostered on the democratic principles of "one member one vote", with chapters and membership spread across the United States of America.
Help your NGO strives to bridge this gap between potential donors and needy NGOs in India. By providing information on NGOs - their activities and financials, we wish to help donors make an informed decision on where they would like to donate their time and money.
IDS is a nonprofit, non-political and secular organization supporting economic and social development in India. It works towards improving the economic and social status of women and other weaker sections.
India Rural Development Fund (IndiaRural), a non-profit organization, finances and supports rural development projects run by non-governmental organizations in India.
A site with a discussion forum, focusing on the evils of corruption, politics etc work towards a social cause
This site is a repository of extensive information regarding NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations) across South Asia.
North South Foundation
To contact us:
13/15,Bharathnagar,I Cross Street,
Madipakkam,Chennai, PIN:600091 ,Tamilnadu, India
Phone: +91-044-22474756/ 22470058